The 2nd main line for the regional trains and the new underground train U9 aim at alleviating the overloaded regional transport system in Munich. For this 2nd main line, SSF Ingenieure, as part of an engineering joint venture, designs the optimisation of the three underground stations Hauptbahnhof, Marienhof and Ostbahnhof. Moreover, at Central Station (Hauptbahnhof), for the future underground train line U9, a provisional structure will be planned in the framework of an integrated overall solution which allows a subsequent implementation of the underground train line.
Overall, the following project services are provided:
- feasibility study of implementation of U9 and its integration into the 2nd main line
- optimsation of station Marienhof in view of construction method
- draft designs for stations Hauptbahnhof, Marienhof and Ostbahnhof
- coordination of different disciplines within the engineering joint venture
- involvement in modifications to the construction applications of the draft design of all three stations
- final design of stations Hauptbahnhof and Marienhof