Scope of services SSF:
- project planning engineering structures: preliminary, draft and approval design, preparation of tenders (§ 43, Lph. 2, 3, 4, 6)
- structural engineering: preliminary and draft design, preparation of tenders (§ 51, Lph. 2, 3, 6)
- replacement of Ringbahn bridge, bridge at Halenseestraße, bridge over service area, new construction of noise barriers, several temporary constructions
- BIM design for all design phases
- coordination services for railway related works
- procedure and traffic management planning
Motorway interchange Funkturm links the two motorways A115 and Berlin city ring A100. With 220,000 vehicles per day, it is the most frequented interchange in Europe. Located in the urban area of district Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, it crosses several railway hubs. But it is not adapted to nowadays traffic volume and partial structures are damaged. In the framework of the necessary replacement construction, traffic routing is optimised, junctions are rearranged and traffic safety as well as noise protections are improved. The new structures are built while traffic is maintained on all lanes.
The conversion comprises the following measures:
- replacement of the interchange incl. all connecting ramps to the subordinate road network
- conversion of A100 and A115, partially relocated to a new position
- new construction of a junction
- demolishing of 23 bridges, 11 retaining walls, a noise barrier, a tunnel, 19 traffic sign gantries and a deflecting wall as well as 1.9 km of motorway
- new construction of 31 bridges, 24 retaining walls, 10 noise barriers and 22 gantries as well as 1.9 km of motorway
The services are provided in a joint venture with Schüßler-Plan and Arcadis. SSF's scope of services comprises all structures of motorway A100, some structures of motorway A115, all temporary construction and noise barriers as well as coordination of interfaces with railway lines.